Now in its 17th successful year - regularly updated
to remain relevant to changing political elements!
Vice-Presidents & Directors of Government/Media/Public Relations
from Corporations regulated by government: Pharmaceutical, Transportation,
Natural Resources, Import/Export, and more; plus Voluntary organizations,
Professional/Trade Association, Marketing and/or Resource Management
Boards. Board members, CEO's, General Managers, and other Senior
Executives that must interact regularly with the Government officials
2 Days, 8:30am - 9 pm, 3rd Day 8:00 to Noon. Greeting
and orientation session the evening before the first full day.
- Explore the fundamental structures of Federal
and Provincial government - both Civil Servant and Political
- Examine the various processes of government,
and how to affect policy development and/or regulatory implementation,
present your position and inputs, and advance your cause.
- Develop a sense of enhanced trust and communication
amongst your organization's representatives, the community, and
- Explore the Leading Practices and Competencies
in Government & Media Relations today and the framework for
effective: Personal Practice, Team Practices, Organization-wide
Practices, and Community-wide Practices.
- "Workshop" Faculty Case Studies, plus
improved approaches and application to your own situations through
preparation for 'Live Case Studies'.
Pre-Course Participant Preparation
- Selected readings and web-links
- Development of Live Case Outline.
- Summary of your current Government Relations
Bruce Rawson, Maryantonette Flumian, Peggy Garitty
Senators and Politicians-in-Residence (To Be Confirmed).
View some of our past Federal & Provincial Ministers we
have had over the years.
Arrival/Orientation & Greeting Session
4:00pm - Arrival and check-in
6:00pm - Reception/Dinner
7:00pm - Welcome, Introductions, & Overview
- Participant challenges and outcome objectives for the program
- Understanding Government Processes and Structures
- Civil Service Processes
- Political Processes
- Citizen/Community Trends, Issues, Realities
- Who Influences Government and How
- " Closed-door Discussion with Prominent Provincial
- Media Relations and Community Relations - and
their connection to effective Government Relations
- Developing a Government Relations Strategy -
Faculty Case Examples
- Developing Government Relations Strategies -
Live Case Studies from Participants
- Closed-door Discussion with Prominent Provincial
- Closed-door Discussion with Prominent Federal
- Final Case Examples
- Review and final Q & A session